Friday, July 20, 2012

Best EVER Apple Cobbler

Hi again! Before we get started, you NEED to check out my Spiced Apple Recipe. Seriously. Those apples are absolutely ESSENTIAL to the success of this recipe. Go, I'll wait.

Now that you've made your apples, we can start!

Best EVER Apple Cobbler!

Seriously.

You'll want to start out by getting all of your things together. 

You'll need:

 3/4c. Milk + 1/4c. Syrup from Apples
1c. Self rising flour
1c. Sugar
1/2c. Butter
1T. Vanilla
1t. Cinnamon
1c. Spiced Apples (or more for taste)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
I know in the picture I said 1 cup of milk, which is fine, but that's not actually how I do it. When I make MY cobbler I actually use 3/4c. of milk, and 1/4c. of syrup from the apples. Trust me, it's better this way. With that said, Melt the butter in the pan, meanwhile, mix together Flour, sugar, vanilla, milk, syrup, and cinnamon, in a separate bowl. Pour the batter over the butter, but DON'T STIR IT!
Carefully place your apple slices, trying not mix the batter and butter. If you mix the, it will still cook just fine, but the edges will have a much better crisp if you allow the butter to float to the top
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown
 Once it's cool, slice yourself a piece and ENJOY!

OMG I could get fat eating this stuff! It's sooo super yummy! I like my cobbler to be a little more on the cakey side, but if you like yours a little more runny, just add more of that AWESOME syrup from your spiced apples. 

And as always, here's the quick version:

 

You'll need:

 3/4c. Milk + 1/4c. Syrup from Apples
1c. Self rising flour
1c. Sugar
1/2c. Butter
1T. Vanilla
1t. Cinnamon
1c. Spiced Apples (or more for taste)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter in your pan (I just thrown mine in the oven while it's heating)
  3. In a separate bowl mix together Milk, Syrup, Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, and vanilla.
  4. Pour batter over melted butter DO NOT MIX.
  5. Add apple slices one at a time, taking care not to mix the batter and butter.
  6. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown
  7. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment