Friday, July 20, 2012

Spiced Apples

Hey! Ok, so I 'meant' to post this yesterday.. BUT I got a little side tracked.. one thing led to another, and now it's today... -_- oh well! Here it is!

This is seriously one of my FAVORITE recipes! In fact I had a small bowl of these with my dinner last night.. SO YUMMY! Now, before we start I'd like to clear up a few bloopers I made during the making of this post (hey! I'm still new at this remember?!) Number 1: I completely forgot to include the sugar in the class photo -_- Don't forget to add him to the pot! and Number 2: I ended up not using the pumpkin pie spice. It sounded good when I was planning this.. but when game time got here, I decided he'd be better on the bench. You can use him, maybe he'll turn out to be the star. Who knows?
AND let's begin!

Spiced apples

[Better than Cracker Barrel]

 

You'll want to start out by getting all of your things together. 

You'll need:

1/2c. Butter or Margarine (Butter is ALWAYS better, but I was out -_-)
1 1/2c. Sugar (Sorry I left it out of the picture!)
8 Apples (Any kind)
1/2t. Ground Cinnamon
1/2t. Ground Nutmeg
1t. Vanilla
1/2t. Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
Slice, Peel, and Core all of your apples.. 
 Meanwhile:
 Melt Butter in a medium pot.
 Add Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, and Pumpkin Pie Spice (if you're using it)
Stir until blended.
Bring to a boil and toss in the Apples and Sugar
Stir to coat.
Cook on medium heat 15-20 minutes or until Apples become tender.
 And Enjoy :)
And.. here's the quick version :

1/2c. Butter or Margarine
1 1/2c. Sugar 
8 Apples (Any kind)
1/2t. Ground Cinnamon
1/2t. Ground Nutmeg
1t. Vanilla
1/2t. Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
 
  1. Place butter and spices in a large to medium pot (depending on the size of your apples) on medium-low heat. While the butter is melting Peel, Core, and Slice all of your apples.
  2. Bring pot to a boil and stir in apple slices and sugar, fully coat apple slices.
  3. Reduce to medium heat and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until apple slices become tender
  4. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment