Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 2: Where your blog name comes from

  My blog name comes from a side venture that I recently started. I am in the process of teaching myself to sew/quilt, and I aspire to eventually sell my creations. At the moment it's more of a hobby [since I'm still working through the learning curve], but even still, I felt my new found hobby needed a name. So, after a few weeks of going back and forth between names, and just not really finding anything that appealed to me, I had a moment in my car where it just came to me. I decided that I wanted it to be the "Pink Zebra". I know, there's a million people with that name.. go figure. That didn't phase me much, maybe it should.. it doesn't. The reason I wanted Pink Zebra so much, is because when I was 18 [4 years ago] my best friend Amy and I were involved in an accident, that took her away from me. I won't go into great detail here, but perhaps I'll write a post later... One of her favorite things was hot pink and zebra print, honestly, I'd never been a fan of animal print, but I've come to love zebra stripes.Amy loved all things loud and bright and funky, as do I. I draw inspiration from patterns and prints that seem fun and happy. Like Hot pink and Zebra. ANYWAY turns out EVERY blog name I could think of was taken. EXCEPT "Tails of a Pink Zebra" which really is perfect, because this is a lifestyle blog, and these are my "Tails".

No comments:

Post a Comment